Wednesday, July 12, 2006

 

Happy Ending to the Break

Since 2003, the All-Star game has counted for something: home field advantage in the World Series. I can understand why a lot of (er, National League) fans don't like this new system, but personally I love it. It's great to see your favorite players selected to the teams, but without that carrot dangling, I could care less about the game. I love baseball, but give me Gilmore Girls and Law & Order re-runs all night long over a game that doesn't count.

By the time we reached the ninth last night, I was bored to tears but at least I was watching for a reason... And in the end that reason would not be denied. With just one out left, three straight hits reversed our fortunes, and the American League walked away victorious yet again. It only seems right since, you know, everyone knows the American league is superior. And as an added bonus, we all got to see Papi dig out a ball from A-rod, saving an error. I only regret that Pappy was not available to close it out for us... Ah, that will leave him well rested for us (yes, like Manny, yes).

If you're wondering what to do with yourself for the rest of the break, Chicago fans Ross and Taft are announcing a different kind of all-star team today. I recommend that you check it out, especially you readers of the female persuasion. I was actually asked to contribute to this, but as I do not swoon and gush quite as eloquently as some of my blogger colleagues, I urge you to (register &) comment!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?