Sunday, December 11, 2005

 

Call Off the Dogs

It's okay, people; I'm still alive. Aside from my whirlwind of a life right now (moving, lots of work, and of course, the holidays) Peter* has really hit the nail on the head: I'm awfully depressed about Theo. I'm having a terrible time caring what the sox are doing this off-season - simply can't grip the confidence to make fair evaluations of any of these moves. This, of course, makes it difficult to write about.

Of course there's another sport that I follow, and it's getting into the home stretch in the NFL. Our boys in blue have at times this season been painful to watch... but last week was not one of those times. I'm not sure I can derive a significant amount of confidence from beating up on the Jets - such as they are this year - but still it was nice to see the defense hit their groove. Oh, and was it just me, or did it seem like Tom was actually getting some time to throw the ball last week? I think I may have mentioned this before, but quite frankly, that's ALL HE NEEDS.

Today our boys head into Buffalo, always a tough place to play. While watching the game, I shall be stringing the lights onto each individual branch of my family's Christmas tree - a tiresome task, as you might imagine, but well worth it. By the fourth quarter my hands will be sticky with sap, and I can only hope they will be red from clapping as well. Maybe I'll take some time later to write about the game. If not, dear readers, please know you are in my thoughts as I scurry around madly making samples and packing and otherwise preparing for my big move on Wednesday.

Comments:
Well, sheesh. I know I feel better.
 
Forget the dogs, I was ready to call the Connecticut National Guard! You're a sight for sore eyes. Good luck with the move, and if you need help, give a shout. I'm free.
 
I guess you don't need an extra pair of hands. Well, have a good move. I'm just happy you weren't scheduled for Thur. or Friday, because the weather will suck. See ya..take care. And call if you need me for those hands.
 
Hey are you all moved in yet? Hope your move goes smoothly!

The Pats just laid the smack down on the Tampa Bay Bux.

AFC East Champions, 3rd year straight. It will be interesting to see who we'll face in the playoffs. There's still a slim chance at a bye. Denver and Cincy just have to lose the rest of their games... I know, unlikely but I'll still keep my fingers crossed.

We are locked into the playoffs either way.

GO PATS
 
Hi there newly moved in person. DSL or cable for computer hooked up yet?? *
 
Any plans for New Year"s Eve?? Let me know.
 
I need you to comment on Johnny Damon.

I cried.
 
Christmas morning of 2005, soon to be 2006. Happy blessings to you and yours, oh invisible one.
 
Reb, oh Reb. Will you EVER write again?
 
The dogs are lost, and I'd rather not call out the cats...did you get my New Year email? I hope all is well, and I'm on my way (kidding, for now).
 
15,000th hit!! I have to be honest. I clicked here a few times (less than 15) to get it to this point, but 15,000 it is. Now what's my prize? Do you want to leave it up to me? Have a great Sunday, and the Pats looked DOMINATING..
 
Friday January 13th. Friday the thirteenth, what a perfect day for your return. Please, Reb. Just write today's weather forecast and I'd be a happy guy, my weekend made just as surely as if I had hit the lotto and shared it with you 60%-40%. Err, 50%-50%, ok ok.
 
Wed the 20th, and thanks for checking in at my blog. Every day would be great. I know the EVILS have you under lock and key, handcuffed and gagged by a New York newspaper. Horrid. Stay strong, rescue is on the way. Somehow Steinbrenner is behind this.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?