Wednesday, March 08, 2006
The real baseball has begun, albeit a little early and in strange uniforms. I have lots of thoughts on the subject, and since I've been sick for what seems like FOREVER, I'm now also sick of letting my fuzzy head prevent me from blogging. So today you all get to read a bunch of random-ness. lucky you. Well go on, read them - or just click one of those links on the left if you're looking for something more cohesive.
- How 'bout Papi yesterday? Good to see the man showed up ready to rake this spring. Is there anyone more lovable than this man? (er, as you can see, when selecting a picture I realized how conflicted I am on that question.)
- Congrats Italy for completely humiliating the Australians. Our own Lenny DiNardo gets the ball tonight against Venezuela. Question: Assuming Australia loses all three games, what happens if Italy loses tonight and then pulls an upset against the D.R.? That would give us three teams with the record of 2-1. Yup, I realize how unlikely that scenario is, but I still wanna know.
- according to the globe: Francona said Millar embraced playing for the Sox ''as much as anyone I've ever seen. I mean, he called me last week and said, 'Tell me the joke is over.' " Guess Red wasn't that far off... I really wish Kev could still hit, or that he knew it was over; I miss 'im.
- "What?" My bro-in-law started in on the same old shit yesterday, "you really think the Red Sox have a legitimate chance this year?" He was laughing. Laughing, I tell you boys, so please waste no time in shutting him up this season. The arrogance of skankee fans continually amazes me.
- Yesterday my niece (born October 27, 2004 - to yankee fans) watched some baseball, and was visibly fascinated. She doesn't like it as much as she likes football - yet. And now I will go on my annual tirade and explain why I hate Bud Selig for an entirely different reason from Wells. You see, I live in the ONLY portion of NEW ENGLAND in which NESN is not licensed to broadcast Red Sox games, Fairfield County. There are tons of Sox fans here, mind you, but since they can all afford MLB Extras Innings, (plus king georgie's surely padding some pockets) it would be against the financial interests of MLB to change the situation. Meanwhile there's little I can do to help my dear neice. Now she does love red, and she loves her auntie, and she demands to wear her auntie's red sox hat every time she sees it, so we do have a great deal of hope for her. Nonetheless, the girl will be stuck watching the Hell, No Network all season once again, even when auntie is over.
Get better. Didn't know you were sick, like everybody up here in this area of the state. Except, it seems, for me.
Nooooooo why did you have to post that quote why why why now I miss Millar. Dammit. I don't want to miss Millar, I know there are times he couldn't hit a gently lobbed volleyball. Bah.Post a Comment