Wednesday, June 22, 2005

 

Name Change : PEI to BpB

First off, let me just say that I realize I'm boring the crap out of some of you with all my charts and statistics. I promise I'll be back to blogging about sillier stuff soon. Sorry to be so dry. It's been like a desert at my blog lately for those of you who are not math-oriented, I'm sure.

For those of you who are interested in my new stat, I've decided to change it's name. I find that it's much easier to compute the relevance of a stat when the name describes the formula. That's why I'm changing the name from reb's Pitching Efficiency Index to Bases Per Batter. Jeez, that's so much easier, I don't know why I didn't think of it in the first place. I will update the name on the charts as I update each of them.

In good time I will have everyone's chart in the April Archives, as well as a fuller explanation as to why I count the things I count. And I will create a separate link on the side that actually says something like "BpB Statistics" so you won't have to know to go to the April archives. And I will try to update it as much as possible. I would like to make my data charts available as well (I'm not trying to hide anything here!) but I'm not really sure how to go about doing that, so if there's anyone who knows about this sort of thing and would like to help, please let me know.

Comments:
Hey, reb. If you have any server space, you can save the excel files directly to it... there are easy and free ays to get space too, like at geocities or similar sites.
 
yep, I believe earthlink gives me space which I've never tried to use. I noticed I can save this stuff as HTML. But the graphs didn't work when I did it; maybe the workbooks will. I am so new to this stuff, every little thing is a project in itself. You would be amazed at what I went through just to get that picture on my header.
I'll try to work on it this evening; can't do it right now.
 
You can save it as HTML, and it'll show up as a basic HTML table. You can also save it directly as an .xls file, and it can then be downloaded off the site, or viewed as an Excel file inside the browser. Plenty of options :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?